One of our favourite things to do (particularly on long summer evenings!) is cook with friends.
We caught up with foodies and friends Lucy and Jemima, of fashion & film shoot caterers TART London, to find out what they love to cook for a crowd.
Our Green Goddess is one of my favourites. I make it for brunch, lunch and dinner – it’s perfect for whenever you realise you’ve been a bit rubbish at eating your greens, but can’t bear the thought of another green juice! This gives you a nutrient hit and it’s really delish!” – Lucy
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 stub of ginger, peeled and chopped
1 green chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup sherry
500ml fresh chicken or vegetable stock
250ml coconut water
1 tsp miso paste
1 lime – zest and juice
A heaped handful of each: leek (chopped into rounds), broccoli (cut into florets), baby spinach, Cavalo Nero and chard (roughly chopped), edamame, peas and broad beans (shelled), sugar snaps, french beans and asparagus (roughly sliced)
A handful of mint, dill and basil roughly chopped
Noodle of choice, cooked and left to the side
2-3 free range eggs, either poached or soft boiled and halved
A small handful of toasted seeds.
A pinch of dried chilli, salt and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil or coconut oil over a medium heat.
- Add the leek, garlic, ginger, chilli and sauté till slightly coloured, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the turmeric and stir for a minute or so.
- Add the sherry, stock, coconut water and miso paste and simmer for a few minutes to reduce.
- If you are making an egg to go on top, this is the time to prepare it.
- Add all the greens into the stock and let them cook for about a minute – you still want the greens to be crunchy.
- Stir in the noodles and season.
- Serve in a warmed bowl with an egg on top. Sprinkle with mixed herbs, toasted seeds, dried chilli and salt and pepper.