With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, ditch the sugary chocolates for this divine Raw Halo Double Chocolate Cupcake recipe by Meg, founder of artisan raw chocolate brand Raw Halo, and recipe blogger Kaja Bratvedt.
Made with raw cacao, almond flour and drizzled with lots of melted Raw Halo chocolate, these are the perfect rich and indulgent (yet all natural!) sweet treats to share this Valentine’s.
Ingredients (makes approx. 25 mini cupcakes)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut nectar / maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 13 strawberries (sliced in halves into heart shapes)
- 2 raw chocolate bars (Meg used Raw Halo Mylk + Pink Himalayan Salt)
- Preheat your oven to 170 C
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, then pour them into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into mini cupcake cases and bake for about 16-18 minutes at 170 C.
- Melt your favourite Raw Halo chocolate and drizzle it over your cupcakes. Decorate with the strawberry hearts.
- Instagram your creation and tag @rawhalo and @paiskincare – then it’s time to sit back and enjoy!