With Christmas party season upon us, I thought I’d share my favourite tips and tricks to go from office to party-ready in 5 minutes flat.
Keep it simple…
If I know I’m heading out in the evening I try to keep my day make-up minimal.
A slick of mascara, buff of mineral powder and a quick sweep of blusher means I can add eyeshadow or lipstick later in the day without my make-up looking “caked-on” or heavy.
Having the right tools to hand helps me move quickly – these items live on my desk most of the time, ready to throw into my bag when I need to get ready on the go:
– Organic Cotton Buds
So that taxi is outside and you’ve got 5 minutes to go from office to party-presentable…
1. Eye makeup is prone to smudging and flaking throughout the day. Squirt a small pump of Cleanser onto a clean cotton bud and tidy up your peepers – sweeping away any smudges or flakes of mascara.
2. I like to refresh my skin with a good spritz of our Lotus & Orange Blossom BioAffinity Tonic – it revitalises tired skin without over-stimulating it and smells incredible. It’s also a favourite with makeup artists, as it leaves a gorgeous dewy look on the skin.
3. A tried & tested upside down brush will lift drab hair when you don’t have any styling tools to hand. There are also some great natural hair powders (think dry shampoo) around now which help add volume too.
4. A sweep of mineral makeup (I love Inika) over the skin should cover up any blemishes or imperfections, whilst a bit of blusher does wonders for lifting the complexion.
5. A slick of lip balm followed by a natural lip gloss or lipstick of your choice to get your pout party-ready, then pop a mint and you’re good to go! Natural colour cosmetics have come on a lot with a range of strong pigments and luxurious textures available, see my previous post for some good options.
I hope this comes in handy if you’ve got an event or party to rush off to – have fun!